Saturday, June 7, 2014

Reflection on Web 2.0 tools


     I find the Web 2.0 tools project really beneficial, where I learnt about different tools that are helpful for my educational process and I know it will benefit me later when I work. I didn’t know about half of the tools but thanks to this project I learnt about them, even in advanced way! In addition, it was the first time I train someone as a result I learned how to train rather than present, and learned the difference between both of them, I am sure by learning this skill I will be able to use it when I work. I’m so proud to mention our collage motto which is “Learning by Doing” because the teachers really teach us that which I’m thankful for it, and I learnt this project by doing. Frankly, in my prospective I find all the tools helpful for me, but I ranked them from the 1st to the 11th:

      1.       Google Chrome
      From my point of view I find Google Chrome is the most important tool for me because I am always surfing the internet to do my project or do my own things like watching movies or visiting different website. I like this tool because it is secure, simple, and fast, and it offers many useful Apps.
2.       Drop Box and Google Drive
      I enjoy using these tools because they allow me to save my things on a safe place (internet) and access them from any device I want whether from my personal computer or other computer and from my smartphone, and share files easily with other people.
3.       Google Maps
      I downloaded Google Maps on my Smartphone this tool is very useful for me because I usually don’t know a lot of places in Dubai or generally in UAE. I use it as a GPS, it help to get to places I don’t know how to reach them. Also, I share any location that I visited, with other people by email, any social network like Instagram and Google+, and any kind of messenger App.
4.       Prezi
      Prezi became my favorite presentation tool, because it allows me to liberate my creative thoughts and form them in attractive and interesting presentation. I recently started using it to do my presentation projects for this semester, and edit and share them with my group members. Mr. Tridib gave me an awesome Idea and told me to think about doing it which is applying for jobs by making a Prezi CV presentation, and I am planning on doing it later on!
5.       Picasa
      I like this tool because it is free and easy to use, and it is ideal for photo editing. I use Picasa to edit my own pictures and make collages. In addition, I used it a lot in doing the History of Photography projects where I edited pictures and made videos (You can watch the video in the photo essay page).
6.       Google Calendar
       I use Google Calendar in my daily life to manage my time by creating diverse calendars to manage different kind of event. For example, task calendar, personal calendar and project deadline calendar. Also I set reminders and notification and they send them to my email and my phone. In addition, I share my calendar with my friends, and browse interesting calendars like Muslims holiday or holidays in the UAE.
7.       Google Sites
      I used this tool to create my site for the Web 2.0 tools project, and I’m thinking to use it more in the future since I am planning to open my own clothing business later on. It will be a good idea to make my own business website using this tool because it will appear directly in the Google search. (look at my Google Site
8.       Blogger
      I used this tool to create this blog for the MIS course, and I’m thinking to continue using it to write interesting topics and share them with others.
9.       Diigo
      I use Diigo when I do my collage projects where I bookmark the sites that I want to use them later, I highlight important information, and I write notes, and then share them with my colleagues.
10.   Google Docs
      I use Google Docs to create Presentations, Spreadsheets, Documents and online surveys. In addition, I share what I create in Google Docs with my colleagues and they edit them with me.
11.   Google+
      I use Google+ to share with others my moments and stuff that interest me. Also, I use it to find people from collage and schools. Finally, I use the Hangouts option to create Group conversations and video chats with my friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment